Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy..
Hope this is OK to post here.I now have a Ranger and looking to sell my trusty Yamaha moto4 225cc.Im original owner and bought new in 1986 if I recall correctly.She's very nice condition for almost 30 years old and runs great with no leaks.The big 'but' is it won't shift past 2nd gear.I have offer of $500 cash but thought it may be worth a bit more?
Local ATV shop can fix it but says it will be costly as far as labor.They suggested using a buddy whos gearhead to fix it and maybe it will only cost me some beer..lol
Thanks for your insights!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Man my buddy had one of these growing up. 15 years later, and his dad still has it. And it still runs awesome.

They were so well built.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..shes ready to roll

Man my buddy had one of these growing up. 15 years later, and his dad still has it. And it still runs awesome.

They were so well built.
Yeah all's good now! Gave it a little TLC and it roars:veryhappy:. New battery,grease,wash,wax & it's great! Don't think I'll let her go now,it's been in the family for so long.Even found the original owners manual in toolbox,nice surprise:cool3:
All the reading I have done says these are great machine that run forever and don't have any big issues.Only drawback is no four wheel drive.BUT the Ranger can pull it out if need be:cowboy:
Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts