Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some new back tires for my boy's Trailblazer and found some nearly new ones on rims that came off a Yamaha 450 - not sure if it's a Big Bear or Kodiak, or if that matters. Just wondering if anyone knows if the lugbolt holes are the same size and spacing? I'm waiting on the seller to measure his to see if they'll fit, but he's apparently in no big hurry.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Thinking no. Polaris is typically 4-156 and the Japanese wheelers are 4-110.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nope, different bolt pattern.

The only ones I know of that cross over, off hand anyhow, are Honda sport quad to Suzuki/Kawasaki sport quad.

And even if the bolt pattern is the same between brands and/or models, backspacing is usually different.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip. I have a knock-off Yamaha that I measured yesterday, and it was slightly different. Figured the real thing would be too.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
There's no such thing as a 'knock off' Yamaha. There is American made Yamaha's, there's Japanese made Yamaha's, there's Chinese made Yamaha's and Yamaha's made in other countries. Likewise there are Korean made Suzuki's - they were called Hyosung and Chinese made Hondas. Can't find parts for a Hyosung, just buy Suzuki parts. Can't find parts for a Lifan, just get parts for a Yamaha. They're all the same, but they are different. You have to know the measurements of some parts before you buy, but the Taiwanese are keeping the old Honda Super 90 on the road.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Needing some new back tires for my boy's Trailblazer and found some nearly new ones on rims that came off a Yamaha 450 - not sure if it's a Big Bear or Kodiak, or if that matters. Just wondering if anyone knows if the lugbolt holes are the same size and spacing? I'm waiting on the seller to measure his to see if they'll fit, but he's apparently in no big hurry.
Buy some wheel spacers for your polaris (4 156) that adapt to a 4 110 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
238 Posts
FWIW I ran Yamaha aluminum wheels on the back of my Scrambler. The front of the Scramblers and trailblazers are 4 on 156mm but the rear hubs are a smaller bolt pattern.

Reactions: fatfarmboy01
1 - 7 of 7 Posts