Polaris ATV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
2016 Yamaha YXZ1000R is here!

September 1, 2015 – Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, introduces the all-new YXZ1000R, the world’s only pure sport Side-by-Side (SxS) vehicle. Boasting a high-performance 3-cylinder 998cc engine with a class-defining 5-speed sequential shift manual transmission, the two-seat YXZ1000R provides a superior driver-connected experience in the dunes, desert or on the trail.

Read:
2016 Yamaha YXZ1000R | ATVPT - All Terrain Vehicle Product Tests Forum

Click the link below to check out the specs in pdf form.
www.atvpt.com/2016_Yamaha_YXZ1000R/2016_Yamaha_YXZ1000R.pdf

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not quite the same on a dyno, no wind resistance.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I like the lack of cvt. A real Trans puts way more power to the ground!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This was done by dasa racing, be sure to read the description. Fully built championship winning rzr 1000 vs yxz with full exhaust and tuner.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
It is very expensive tho and all the old geezers obsessed with cvts won't like it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
They have a FB group dedicated to the YXZ and you should see all of the CVT guys bitching and complaining. I personally love shifting gears on a performance machine.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Haters gotta hate on something right ?

Personally on a utility atv my favorite set up was the semi auto Trans the old Yamaha used (like the moto 4s )

No clutching was nice for slow riding, but the option to stay in a certain gear was great.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
It's definitely a game changer, and will bring more innovation and competition to the SxS market. It will sell well I'm sure. but it's definitely a niche market. both for ability to use it, and styling. Sure there will be Brand die hards that will never pick it, or never pick anything but it. But to me, it's to specific, and isn't something that will cross party lines so to speak. meaning it's not going to pull Utility riders, but it might pull sports riders that went to utility for what ever reason.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
One thing to remember is Yamaha will be introducing a new sxs every year for 5 years starting with the Viking. So we've seen the Viking, Wolverine and now the YXZ...just makes me wonder what's next? Mud machine? 50" Trail?

I have a feeling they will have a very complete lineup when they are done releasing new models.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
^^ And I bet with better build quality and parts than POPO or canned ham

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Agreed...

·
Banned
2,330 Posts
^^ And I bet with better build quality and parts than POPO or canned ham
Sadly at this point that feat isnt even going to be tough to do

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
check the vid of turbo xp, mav turbo and YXZ going up oldsmobile hill...get them in whoops to start out and its a different ballgame....but that yamaha engine sounds so good. I just bought a 2016 1000s, but maybe yamaha drops a 60 inch woods warrior sometime in the next couple of years...lots of new things coming in the SxS world!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

61 - 80 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.