Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 350L 4x4, this is a new to me machine. When I got it there was fuel leaking out the carburetor, so I bought a rebuild kit. I soaked the carb in parts cleaner for a couple days, rinsed it in water, and blew it out with air. Put the carb back together setting the float lever level, and now it only drips when running. Again I took the carb out, and set the float lever up a little from level, and still a drip, but only when running. Again, I pulled the carb, and set it a little more , and you guessed it drip.
I am guessing it is the needle valve, but it is brand new, I purchased one of the Moose rebuild kits.
I am thinking about just going to get another needle valve, but I am wondering, since the OEM set is $48, and the after market is $12, is this one of those time where you get what you pay for, and are the aftermarket needle valve sets known to be junk?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
It drips out the top Or at the bottom where the drain is?
I've had moose kits in the past and had never had a problem but............... ya never know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drips out the bottom of the bowl.

I havnt had an issue in the past either, but figured i chould ask the question

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but this is where I am,

1993 Polaris 350L 4x4

I have a carburetor that is giving me complete fits trying to figure it out.

To start with it has a fresh cylinder bore and new piston. PSI is approx. 135. This is also what I have done so far:
• Complete re-build kit
• Complete cab clean
• Replaced the needle jet assembly not included in the re-build kit
• Replaced float arm pin
• Replaced float arm
• Submerged floats under water over night to make sure that they are not cracked and taking in fluid.
• Filled the bowl with gas while it was removed to make sure the internal overflow tube does not have a crack. Also put my finger on the tube in the bowl, and blew into the hose to give it a little pressure, and there was no air bugbbles.
• Replaced reed valves
• Set the float arm to level with gasket surface and then again just a little up from level from the gasket surface.

No matter what I do I have gas dripping out of the drain hose from the bottom of the carb. I even went to the point of setting the float arm to where it does not allow gas into the carburetor, and backed it off from there. I must have taken the carb out of the machine and apart 100 times making fine little adjustments to the float lever, no matter what I do it drips.

Last fall I took it into a local repair shop, after he worked on it for a few days he gave up, and gave me back my machine. This sat in the corner of the garage until about a week ago when I decided to try and figure it out for myself…any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts