Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having a hell of a time figuring out what tire to get, whether it'd be BH 2.0's, GBC Spartacus, or Grim Reapers, bias ply vs radial, but I think Ive narrowed it down to these two. The reason being the are light, cheap, and the terrain I ride they'll work well (north Georgia) mud, hills and trails. And if I do want to go with radials down the road, Ill throw these on my 05 Foreman and put different tires on these. Foreman doesnt do much, plow fields and snow (in Iowa, not Ga) and wife will ride it 2-3x/year.

As for Zilla's and Outbacks, Ill be getting them in OEM height, 25". With Outbacks there doesnt seem like there are many people riding them, while there are 1000's of Zilla's out there and have a great reputation. While Ive only seen one or two people on Outbacks and they've had nothing, but good things to say. It seems like they might be a better trail tire as opposed to Zillas due to the tread, they run a little narrow, but run a little tall and are cheaper than Zillas. While Zillas run short, but are lighter,have a little more aggressive tread, seem to be widely liked and are tough.

So any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
My vote would be for the Zillas. There are 1000's of them out there because people like them (same with Big Horns). Maxxis stands by "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Both the Zillas and the Big Horns are at the top of their catagory in the tire market. That is why there are so many Knock offs of their products.

The outbacks seems like a good tire also, but so far the only real review I saw was on here. And the person who reviewed them seemed to be in cahoots with STI...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm going with the zilla's myself. Just as you mentioned, they are light weight, and little more aggressive. I ride trails and mud holes. Nothing seriously deep if I can help it though. Hope to make my purchase in the next month or so.

·
Registered
978 Posts

I got the 26in zillas on mine and love them!!! They are great for all terrain. Even going on pavement they are smooth as long as your going over 5 mphs

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would stay away from the Outbacks. I put my Bighorns back on because the Outbacks were to narrow for my liking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would stay away from the Outbacks. I put my Bighorns back on because the Outbacks were to narrow for my liking.
Really, your review was why I was looking them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Once the snow got deep around here they really let me down. They would just dig in and sink to the bottom and get high centered. Were the wider foot print of the Big Horns have better flotation and keep me up on the snow. If I`m not careful they can dig in as well but not nearly as bad. The Outbacks aren't terrible but I prefer the Roctanes and Big Horns. The Outbacks do better in the mud but I`m not a mud guy.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
What do you mean with to narrow?
For look or performance ?
In the review pics, they were listed at 11" wide in the rear and looked 9"

They appeared very skinny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts