Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have the extra cash laying around to get my wheel and tire package. I was going to get 27's but i think 28's will be a better fit for me. I'm probably going to regret not getting the bighorns but i see them all the time and they just don't impress me that much. Ya they are durable but they look horrible in mud and on wet ground/hills. I did a lot of research and the biggest complaint from people who bough 27's was they didn't buy 28's and the biggest complaint from the people who bought 28's was they didn't buy 30's. I think 30 would be rediculous. I do mud some but i do a lot of other riding as well. I think 30's would be awkward on the hill climbs i do. Is the only reason they are saying that should of went 30's is because of the mud or do these tires just run that small?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just purchase new wheels/tires for my 2011 500 HO. I went with the 27 Zillas. If you want I can send you a PM on the place I got my wheels/tire from. On a side note. Very nice car you have as well. I too have a mustang with alittle hp. 687hp/574 tq on a 2v 2001 GT vert.

·
Registered
98 Posts
^ if you don't mind, I'm in the same boat as OP and am interested on where you ordered from.

Fellow mustang guy here too but with slow 3v...THP kit waiting to go on now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just purchase new wheels/tires for my 2011 500 HO. I went with the 27 Zillas. If you want I can send you a PM on the place I got my wheels/tire from. On a side note. Very nice car you have as well. I too have a mustang with alittle hp. 687hp/574 tq on a 2v 2001 GT vert.
Were they a decent bit heavier than your stock tires? Also pm me that information if you can. I'm ordering Monday and have been searching a lot.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have 28 zillas on my 09 550xp. I have no problems with them rubbing now that I replaced my bushings and wheel bearings. It was pretty sloppy before and the inside nipples on the rears show that there was some rubbing on the stabilizer bar on hard turns but not serious.

I am surprised at how aggressive these tires are in even slightly soft conditions. They tear up my yard way more than the Black Diamonds on my other bike. The only thing I dislike about them is that I have a long gravel driveway and the indents in the cleats are continually clogging and transferring gravel. I noticed no appreciable loss of power on the 550 so that should certainly be no problem on an 850 though there are some that will say every stocker needs clutching.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
There might not be noticable power loss.... until you take it into something thicker.

I thought there was no loss with my grippers. Then once I took it in some clay like mud (not very deep even) I noticed my tires were barely spinning. Once I clutched it, now it roasts the tires thru the same mud with ease.

Not to mention it will help preserve your belt.

OP: Go with at least the 28's or you will be disappointed in how short they run.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Were they a decent bit heavier than your stock tires? Also pm me that information if you can. I'm ordering Monday and have been searching a lot.
I haven't tried them out yet, but another memeber on here has and said they only weight only 5lb more than stocker. This was on a 500 ho though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts