Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 sportsman 500 and I'm thinking about putting some 28x10-12 Zillas on all 4 corners. Anybody else doing this and will they fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
Don't know if they'll fit or not, but with a tire that big you'll definitely need a clutch kit for your 500 or you'll be replacing your belt pretty soon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've got a 2013 sportsman 500 and I'm thinking about putting some 28x10-12 Zillas on all 4 corners. Anybody else doing this and will they fit?

Thanks
anything over 27" id go to a 14" rim for a better ride, i doubt they fit unless use of spacers or aftermarket rims

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stupid question.... Why would 14" wheels give you a better ride? I'm doing wheels and tires next week and I was going to stick to 12" wheels because I like the look of more rubber, but if there is a big advantage to increasing wheel size I would like to know about it?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ No. The only better thing about 14's is less sidewall roll if you are a fast rider.

12's are btter for ride. Have more tires available for cheaper. stick with the 12's if you can.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
I'm thinking of going with 27" tires with new rims.
But I really like the 28's.
Crap.....decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Go 28" since they measure 27"

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Thanks
You will need an aftermarket wheel with a 4+3 offset or wheel spacers in order to fit the 10" wide tire in the front.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks
You will need an aftermarket wheel with a 4+3 offset or wheel spacers in order to fit the 10" wide tire in the front.
thanks man.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
No worries. where on the gulfcoast are you from? I used to live in biloxi.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Gulfport.

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts
I know this doesn't directly pertain to ur situation but I was riding with a guy this weekend in about a foot of snow and he had 27x11-12 zillas on all 4 corners (im pretty sure that was the size) on his 700 grizzly and he was ripping it up in the snow. his set up handled the snow better then any of the bikes in the group. ol 1000, sm 850, kq 700, and praire 650 all stock tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally bit the bullet and ordered these on Saturday. They were delivered today. Hoping to put them on tomorrow and ride Saturday.

28x10x12 Zillas on STI Beadlock wheels Matte black

·
Registered
214 Posts
You will definitely love the zilla's. Just put a set on about 2 weeks ago. They performed great on the trail and in the mud.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was looking at getting a set of 27" Zillas but thinking about the 28", the general census is that Zillas run small, have you measured yours and if not would it be possible for you to measure them and give exact tire height, thank you for any info and help

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
How did they measure once mounted?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

The Zillas pull really well in mud but ride rough below 10mph. I'm thinking of adding a clutch kit in the near future. I perfer trailriding and the Zillas do a great job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts