Polaris ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
19,001 Posts
The parts list is not much help - it shows the wiring diagram, ID's the terminations and kinda provides an idea where the components are located - the fusible link is on the terminal block, not on the solenoid. The wire from the battery splits and goes to the terminal block - the fusible link (#2 on the wiring harness pic) is attached to the terminal block and connected to various circuits from there - the fuse block is under, behind, or thereabouts attached to the dash (unless a previous owner or shop technician removed it and installed in line fuses as the fuse block is not available from Polaris, bur savvy repair technicians and shop owners know where to source the fuse block and wire terminations for it.

I have the fuse block and wire terminals listed on EBAY - I also have just the fuse holder wire terminations in 10, 20 and 30 amp listed separately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The parts list is not much help - it shows the wiring diagram, ID's the terminations and kinda provides an idea where the components are located - the fusible link is on the terminal block, not on the solenoid. The wire from the battery splits and goes to the terminal block - the fusible link (#2 on the wiring harness pic) is attached to the terminal block and connected to various circuits from there - the fuse block is under, behind, or thereabouts attached to the dash (unless a previous owner or shop technician removed it and installed in line fuses as the fuse block is not available from Polaris, bur savvy repair technicians and shop owners know where to source the fuse block and wire terminations for it.

I have the fuse block and wire terminals listed on EBAY - I also have just the fuse holder wire terminations in 10, 20 and 30 amp listed separately.

View attachment 147664

View attachment 147663
I appreciate all the information. If the fusible link is the terminal block I should have all of the components located to finish troubleshooting. I appreciate the help.

·
Administrator
19,001 Posts
The fusible link is not the terminal block, but connected to the terminal block then connected to the wiring - hope that was a mis-statement on your part. No need to replace the terminal block, just the fusible link if it is faulty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The fusible link is not the terminal block, but connected to the terminal block then connected to the wiring - hope that was a mis-statement on your part. No need to replace the terminal block, just the fusible link if it is faulty.
I've found other fusible links on the machine but not the ones I'm specifically looking for in this circuit. I really wanted to put my hands on the specific place that the wiring changes from red to blue in this application but I'm starting to lean towards ohming it out and moving on. To physically follow the harness requires disassembly on a large scale. I'm a little bound by the weather right now but I'll jump back on it in the next couple days and use the info you've given me to my advantage.

·
Administrator
19,001 Posts
That is a circuit breaker - it is factory, but can be replaced with a std. automotive, Harley or Polaris circuit breaker

Wire #147 is fed by the black fusible link - 147 goes to the fuse box terminal A1 - the fuse box has a jumper that connects A1 to A3 and A5 - A5 is connected to wire #81 - wire 81 goes to the circuit breaker and come out as wire 65 - 65 goes to fuse block terminal D6 - D6 is one terminal of a relay - the relay has 9 possible connections with 4 being utilized - I the relay is the cooling fan relay.

The fuse box is complicated - terminal A3 (fed by A1) is fused at 20A and connects to A2 - A2 is wire 88 - 88 goes to the key switch where it is connected to red/wht wire 91 - 91 goes to a splice and connects to wire 62 - 62 goes to the fuse block and connects to terminal C6 - the yel/blk wire on terminal D4 is the ground wire for the relay - when the ECU calls for cooling, the relay is closed and the red wire is connected to the org/blk wire and the fan comes on. At least that's how I think it works - I would have to have the vehicle on hand to make tests to verify the operation, but the circuit breaker is the overload protection of the fan motor and it resets automatically so the fan can operate intermittently even when rotation is slowed by obstruction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did not find my model nr in the manual you sent. It’s the last too ss in the model Nr are missing.
Do you know if it makes any difference?
Model Name
INT SP500E SCAN
Model Year
Model Number
A08MH50SS
Purchase Date
12/29/2008
VIN
4XAMH50S68A500959
Engine Serial Number
D008640816744

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for all the help you have been to fellow riders. I don't have the VIN handy on my 2008 Sportsman HO 500 efi, but having issues with it not idling, backfiring and dying. Checked the throttle cable, replace fuel filter, sparkplug, air filter and IAC sensor. But would like a wiring diagram to check the wires, definitely looks like the PO replace and spliced some wires, since I doubt Polaris used general electric tape to wrap wires. Again, appreciate the help.

Thank you, got it.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts